We came for a week, and are staying for a lifetime.
The health benefits of swimming cannot be underestimated. For this reason we are proud to have 4 outdoor pools, and since the end of 2014, a purpose built indoor swimming complex with a constant temperature of 28 degrees.
This complex means that you can now swim all year round in a beautiful pool with amazing views. We offer regular exercise classes to all our residents where you can meet others and enjoy a great workout.
Our outdoor pools are maintained to highest standard and are located right next to the apartment buildings for ease of use and access.
Swimming is great exercise for seniors for many reasons, here are just a few:
- Swimming is easy on joints. When you swim, your body weight is supported by the water enabling full body exercise without pressure on your joints.
- Stretching is always good for you, no matter what age you are. Swimming means that you naturally maintain good flexibility.
- Because water is more than 10 times denser than air, swimming is a kind of resistance training which leads to better muscle tone.
- As we get older, we are more prone to osteoporosis, a reduction in bone density. Regular exercise is a proven way to fight osteoporosis, and swimming is a great way to regularly exercise to help delay the onset of osteoporosis.
- Because swimming is an aerobic exercise, you’re helping your heart to become stronger, and better at pumping blood around your body. Thus swimming can reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Swimming is lowering stress levels and is a great way to socialise and to just feel good about yourself.
The Pools. In Images